Tuesday, 19 May 2015

Currently...

It’s been a while since I blogged, so this week I thought I’d try a “Currently” post. Thanks Katy Upperman for passing this fun idea along!

Loving:

This pretty bouquet my hubby gave me for our anniversary.


 Reading:

I just finished Free to Fall by Lauren Miller. While I really enjoyed it, I’m also a little bit bummed. It’s an awful lot like my WIP, Envision, which I’m hoping to start querying again very soon (although mine is darker and has more action & romance). Maybe a comp title? We’ll see. Now I’m reading Stitching Snow by R.C. Lewis.


 Watching:

This past weekend, we went to see Avengers: Age of Ultron. Loved it. No surprise there. My latest favourite show is iZombie. Can’t get enough of it. If you enjoyed Veronica Mars, definitely give this one a try. We finished watching The Good Wife and Arrow for this season. Now we’re catching up on Flash, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Murdoch Mysteries, and Damages.


Listening to:

M83 has been the background for all my packing and cleaning endeavors lately.


 Thinking about:

Moving. Tomorrow the moving truck is picking up all our stuff. I can’t believe we’re leaving this house after being here for over twelve years. I’ve lived here longer than anywhere else, and we’ve mostly raised our son here, so it’s tough to go in some ways, but I’m also super excited about living in the Maritimes. We fly to New Brunswick on May 29th and move into our new home the following week. Crossing my fingers that everything goes smoothly! 

Anticipating:

Our big move, of course. Spending the weekend before we move into our new place at one of Chipman Hill Suites' lovely, historic hotels (again). A beautiful summer by the ocean. Delving into some major revisions on Enlighten soon.

Chipman Hill Suites (that mural is from the 1870s)

And this…

Ready. Set. WRITE! is happening again this June!  I’m psyched for another summer of intense writing. How about you? I hope you’ll join me and my fellow co-hosts AlisonMiller, Katy Upperman, Jaime Morrow, and Elodie Nowodazkij. Stay tuned for more details!

Wishing:

For a problem-free move. For some agent interest when I start querying Envision again soon.

Making me happy:

That after a ton of planning and exhausting preparation, it’s almost time for my family to head to our new home. Can't wait!


What's currently happening in your corner of the world?

14 comments:

  1. Hope the move goes really well, and good luck getting ready to query. We can be on that boat together :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cole! I'm nervous about querying again, but what will be will be, I guess! Hope you get some good agent news soon! :)

      Delete
  2. Pretty flowers. :-) I love gerberas so much. Hope your moving day is going well. (The one on this end.) It's all very exciting for you guys, so I hope it's as stress-free as possible. Can't wait to see pictures once you're all moved in.

    Glad you liked Age of Ultron too. What did you think of (smexy, smexy) Vision??? He has such a great nose, don't you think? He might be my new favourite Avenger. Or, you know, shares that title with Captain America. ;-)

    Hope you have an awesome week before you guys pack up and head to the Maritimes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That bouquet keeps getting bigger and bigger now that it's in water. I laugh every time I look at it. Not sure how I'll move it out to Trev's parents' place lol. And thanks! So far so good on the moving front. Granted we had most stuff packed up already.

      I was excited when I saw who was playing Vision (makes sense, of course). Very cool! His character was oddly funny too. And I totally agree on the nose.

      We'll keep you posted on the move! :)

      Delete
  3. Best of luck with your move, Erin! I'm sending you all of my most positive moving mojo. And I'll be following shortly behind, so I'm commiserating, too. :-) Incidentally, my agent and I recently had a brief chat about comp titles and books that feel "the same as" ours. She's of the mindset that familiar is good -- if that book is selling, there's a good chance that your similar story could too. That made me feel better, anyway. :-) Have a wonderful week, lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Katy! We'll need all the moving mojo we can get! I hope everything is going well with your moving prep too.

      That's really helpful advice on comp titles, so thanks for sharing that. It's always so hard to know what to compare to, especially since you want your book idea to seem original. I think mine is still different enough from FREE TO FALL that it'll be a good comparison. I probably see the similarities more than anyone else will, so I shouldn't worry so much about it.

      Have a wonderful week yourself! :)

      Delete
  4. I wish you the smoothest move and lots of agent interest! Exciting times! And so glad to be doing RSW with you again this summer. Looking forward to lots of productivity!

    PS - those flowers are GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alison! As soon as we're settled in, I'm hoping to tweak a few things in ENVISION and then get back into the querying trenches. And I'm really looking forward to RSW this summer! So glad you asked me to co-host again!

      As for the flowers, a bunch of them have opened more since I took the photo, so it looks even prettier. :)

      Delete
  5. I hope you get both your wishes!! And I agree w/Alison, so gorgeous. And, oh yeah, RSW!'s coming back? Ooohh... =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope so too! Glad you're excited about RSW! :)

      Delete
    2. Hey, just wanted to let you know you won the Amazon gc from Jenny Bravo's interview on my blog! If you could let me know what email address you'd like it sent through, that'd be great. My email is leandrawallace@gmail.com. Thx! =)

      Delete
  6. Best of luck with the move and preparing to query - exciting! :)

    I still need to watch Age of Ultron. Hopefully next week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The finale of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. was CRAZY - so action packed. I'm loving iZombie, too.

    Good luck with the move! Hope it's an amazing adventure for you all :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope that you have a great and stress free move. I've been scared to try iZombie because while I love Veronica Mars I gross out easily when it comes to zombies... Maybe I'll be brave and try it one day.

    ReplyDelete